Western Mutual Media Room
Western Mutual Blog
On June 05, 2020 | By kcrail
Congratulations Class of 2020!
We would like to congratulate everyone who is graduating this year from high school, college, trade school and academies that’ll enable you to serve and protect our country. Although this year’s celebrations may be a little different, know that your effort and dedication has not gone unnoticed. Your hard work and long hours have finally paid off and to that we say, Congrats, you did it!
On June 03, 2020 | By kcrail
Safety with Cleaning Products
Having a clean and disinfected home has become a much greater priority for many in recent months. However, did you know there are some cleaning products that should never be mixed?
The following are reminders from the Toxics Use Reminder Institute that we think you will want to know;
- Never mix bleach and ammonia as the creates a potentially deadly concoction. The fumes produced can cause nose and eye irritation and in severe cases, death.
- Acid-base toilet bowl cleaners also pose a threat when used with bleach as well. The combination creates chlorine gas which is highly toxic
- One thing people need to understand is that bleach is a disinfectant not a cleaner! It should only be used to clean up things like bodily-fluids which have bacterial spread.
- Safer alternatives to hazardous cleaning products exist for nearly every type of household cleaner. Look for products with credible third-party certification such as Green Seal, EcoLogo and Safer Choice
For more safety tips visit: www.turi.org click the Cleaning Laboratory tab and you can view these helpful guidelines under ‘Coivd-19 How Safely Clean and Disinfect’
On June 01, 2020 | By kcrail
Connect With Us on Social Media
Western Mutual Insurance would like to invite you to follow our social media page on all major platforms for weekly blogs regarding your policy, frequently asked questions and human interest stories.
As your preferred insurance carrier, we would like to say thank you for allowing us to protect your home and hope that you follow our online accounts to stay up to date with current and important updates.
We are active on the following platforms, just search us by name:
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and our very own media room that can found on www.westernmutual.com
On May 29, 2020 | By Western Mutual Blog
D.I.Y Car Wash
It’s probably been weeks since you last washed your car, maybe even moved it. And on top of that your go to car wash place may be closed but you now have all the time to do it yourself. Here are some D.I.Y tips on how to get your car sparkly clean as if just came out of the wash tunnel;
- Start by cleaning the inside of your car first, vacuuming mats, seats and trunk. To maintain a fresh scent place dryer sheets under each floor mat for a continuous clean smell
- Don’t have any Armor-All to wipe the dashboard? No worries, mix equal parts water and baby oil and add a tablespoon of white vinegar. Spray onto paper towels and watch your interior shine
- When cleaning your window’s run a piece of lemon across the glass first, it will remove dried tree sap, sticky fingerprints and much more. Then apply your window cleaner and wipe away with newspaper for a streak free shine
- Foggy head lights? Squeeze some toothpaste onto a moist rag and rub onto headlight vigorously, then just wash away
- Use the same mixture you made for your tires for a nice glossy finish
- Try to wash your car in a shaded area and wash it in sections, this will allow you time to wipe it down properly and avoid getting dried water marks from the sun
We hope these tips and tricks help you getting that car looking like new again!
On May 27, 2020 | By Western Mutual Blog
Western Mutual Website
Did you know?
That on the Western Mutual website you can request, resolve or view many of the documents and/or questions you had in regards to your policy. That’s right! No more delay of waiting on hold or having to memorize a phone number. Simply visit the website and you can have access to view your coverages, pay your premium, request a change or even ask to suspend coverage all with a click of a button.
Online you’ll find many resources available to you as well like our Frequently Asked (FAQ) page with several common concerns, answered right on your screen. You can even check our media page with weekly informative blogs.
Visit www.Westernmutual.com and let us know what you think.
On May 25, 2020 | By Western Mutual Blog
Memorial Day 2020
We observe this day in honor of all the men, women and service animals that gave the ultimate sacrifice for us. We memorialize their name and recognize that they gave their life to protect ours and fought for the freedom we get to appreciate every single day. May their efforts never be forgotten as we are the home of the free because of the brave, thank you.
On May 22, 2020 | By Western Mutual Blog
Weekend Grill Hacks
A long holiday weekend calls for some good BBQ and tasty grilled food.
The following are some grill hacks for an enjoyable, safe and yummy time:
- Forget using expensive cleaners to wash off your grill grate, simply cut an onion and rub across each rung. The acidity will cut though residual grease and actually leave the flavor for whatever your grilling
- Use your empty paper egg cartons to place your coals in for a charcoal fire, this will act as your fire starter and allows you to recycle items you would have disposed of anyway
- If kebabs are on the menu, soak the skewers in water for at least 15 – 30 minutes before using to avoid them getting burned on the grill and breaking off when you lift them up to eat
- Checking propane tank levels has never been easier, heat up some water (not boiling but warm) and run down the side of a cooled tank, then run your hand down that same side…where you feel that the tank goes from warm to cold will show you the level of propane left. Please remember to do this before turning on the tank for grilling.
On May 20, 2020 | By Western Mutual Blog
Water Safety Guide
As the days become longer and the temperature’s rise, so will the urge to jump into a pool or the ocean. A quick cool off is all some people need to make it through the hot summer months and we totally get it. Just remember to practice safety in and around the water to avoid any serious injuries.
Some things to always remember;
Practice the buddy system when going to the beach or when you’re out by the pool, this will avoid any unexpected accidents
Always watch over small children and explain the importance of wearing life-saving gear
Protect your skin by wearing bathing suits made of rash guard or apply sunscreen every few hours
Never use glassware to serve food or drinks especially on a pool deck
Check batteries on door alarms that lead out to your pool or the latch to the pool fence to ensure all safety measures are up and running.
On May 18, 2020 | By Western Mutual Blog
Thank You Customer Service Team
They say an essential aspect of being successful is having a good support system and for us that support is our customer service team. Our live representatives, some of whom have been with the company 30+ years, are the best of the best. Their attention to detail, ability to communicate and high standards when providing excellent customer service each and every day is what makes them stand out. We appreciate their time, dedication and value that they bring to the company and for that we would like to say thank you.
On May 15, 2020 | By Western Mutual Blog
On this day in 1940, a name synonymous with fast food was born, yes…we are talking about McDonalds. The McDonald brothers opened their first restaurant in San Bernardino, CA and began the era of fast-food establishments. By the year 1963, more than 1 billion hamburgers had been sold which forever engraved their name in history as one of the most successful restaurant corporations to exist.