Western Mutual Media Room
Western Mutual Blog
On December 18, 2019 | By Western Mutual Blog
Western Mutual Helps Families in Need This Holiday Season
The Western Mutual Insurance family is excited to honor the beauty of the Christmas season by participating in the 27thAnnual Spark of Love Toy Drive. Western Mutual staff members have been collecting toys and gifts for infants, children, and teens all month long, and the Company is matching their gifts.
Collecting over 10 million toys and gifts, the Spark of Love has helped underserved children and teens throughout Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, Ventura and Riverside counties. Local fire stations are accepting new, unwrapped toys or sports equipment along with various businesses around the southland.
Are you interested in giving back this holiday season? Visit the Spark of Love website to find a drop-off location near you: https://abc7.com/community-events/spark-of-love-toy-drive-2019/5684558/. You can also participate by donating online: https://supportlafd.kindful.com/?campaign=1032876.
On December 16, 2019 | By Western Mutual Blog
Check Out Our Online Chat
Yes! You read that right, we now have an online chat available for anyone looking to get a quote or a quick reply regarding their policy. The chat is available Monday through Friday starting at 8 am until 4:30 pm Pacific Standard Time. Sales and customer service agents are live and ready to assist you. Please note that if you are trying to make changes to your policy or submit a payment you will have to call our direct toll-free line at 1-800-234-2114. Visit our website at www.westernmutual.comor www.arizonahomeinsurace.comand check us out. Chat with you soon!
On December 11, 2019 | By Western Mutual Blog
Calling All Mortgage Professionals
Are you a loan processor, escrow officer or real estate agent? If so, you’re going to want to check this out. We have a department specifically for you to obtain insurance quotes and evidence of insurance in under 3 minutes!
Say hello to Affinity, a free online program that allows mortgage pros to retrieve a pre-approved insurance quote that’ll help speed up the closing of escrow. No more escrow delays!
Did we mention that it’s available 24/7? So that means obtaining coverage on the weekend or after hours is a thing of the past.
All policies are subject to underwriting and inspection after the loan funds.
What’s the catch? There isn’t one. This program is free, there is no contract and available to you whenever you need.
Check out Affinity at www.Affinity.WesternMutual.com or call to find out more at the toll-free line: 1-800-234-3659
On December 04, 2019 | By Western Mutual Blog
New Year, New You?
It’s that time of year again when we reflect back on the past months and prepare ourselves for the upcoming year. This is when we begin to make our New Year’s resolution list and envision what will be our “new beginning.”
But instead of envisioning a “New You”, we recommend you use this holiday as a marker to close your eyes, take a deep breath and reflect. Reflect on where you have come from, how far you have come, and where you want to continue to grow.
It’s the beginning of a new decade, where do you want to focus your energy in the 2020s? Is it pushing outside your comfort zone for new adventures? Taking more time to slow down and appreciate the little things? Spending more time supporting your immediate and extended community?
The possibilities are endless, and look how much you’ve done so far in the new millennium! Cheers to celebrating 2019 and looking ahead to 2020!
On December 02, 2019 | By Western Mutual Blog
Holiday Safety Reminder
In the midst of taking in all of the holiday cheer, while sipping on some hot chocolate and wrapping up your gifts; we want to make sure you keep a smile this season with a few safety reminders.
- Keep all gifts and personal belongings inside and out of sight whether that be in your house or your car
- Lock all doors and windows when leaving, even if you are just driving down the street for a quick errand, it only takes seconds for someone to break in and leave
- When taking out the trash, break down boxes of all your new gifts, rather than leaving the full box out for by passers to see what you now have inside your home
Western Mutual would like to wish you a happy, healthy and safe holiday.
On November 25, 2019 | By Western Mutual Blog
The holiday season is in full swing and Thanksgiving may just be the climax of it all. The one holiday in which gifts nor candy bring out the smiles but family and friends do. This year, focus less time judging the turkey and stuffing and more time reflecting all that we have, which we take for granted each and every day. Soak in the moment and snap some photos to create ever lasting memories, be appreciative of all those who don’t get the holiday off and remember the small things like being able to see or hear all the affection around you. From all of us here at Western Mutual and Arizona Home Insurance, we wish you and your loved ones a Happy Thanksgiving!
On November 18, 2019 | By Western Mutual Blog
Opening a Claim Help Guide
As a preferred insurance company, we understand that filing a claim is not only stressful but can seem difficult to do. These unforeseen events cause more than just damage but also leave you feeling hopeless. We want to let you know that help is available.
When discovering a potential claim at your home, we would like to remind you of some tips that’ll make the process easier:
- Call your insurance company right away, do not wait for the risk or damage to become bigger
- If you find water has started to cause damage or has flooded any space in your house, shut the water off immediately
- If you don’t remember your policy number, it’s okay! We have other methods of finding your policy with us
- Do not call a third party to clean-up, patch or inspect conditions without contacting your insurance first
- Keep records such as receipts, photos and videos of your items within your home
- Always hire licensed contractors to perform work on your home, this is for your protection
On November 11, 2019 | By Western Mutual Blog
Remembering our Veterans
Today we honor the more than 18 million brave men and women that have served our nation. Many whom left behind their family, loved ones and all they knew to stand on the frontlines and protect this country. Without those sacrifices from these valiant individuals we would be unable to enjoy so many things that we have grown accustom to. As a company, family member and proud citizen, together we would like to honor our veterans on this special day as well as each and every day.
“A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart”
On November 04, 2019 | By Western Mutual Blog
Rainy Days To-Do List
So it’s raining outside and your day has now taken a soggy turn. Don’t worry, here are some ideas on how to make the best of a rainy day:
- Plan for some rest and relaxation with face masks, hair treatments, warm baths and soothing music
- Finally take on organizing your kitchen pantry and junk drawer to make it feel like new again
- Bake your favorite festive treats, it’ll make your home smell good too
- Sit and plan your expenses for the week or month, now that you have time and are not out and about spending money
- Plan a movie night to catch up on all the blockbusters you missed
- Get a quote on your homeowners insurance with our company and see how much you’ll save