Privacy Notice For Job Applicants
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants
Western Mutual Insurance Group collects and uses Personal Information for human resources, employment, benefit administration, health and safety, business-related purposes and legal compliance. Below are the categories of Personal Information we collect and the purposes for which we intend to use this information:
- Demographic data, such as your full name, gender, date of birth, race, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, and veteran or military status.
- Contact information, such as your home address, telephone numbers, email addresses, and emergency contact information.
- Dependent's or other individual's information, such as their full name, address, date of birth, and Social Security numbers (SSN).
- National identifiers, such as SSN, passport and visa information, and immigration status and documentation.
- Educational and professional background, such as work history, academic and professional qualifications, educational records, references, licenses, permits, memberships, certifications, and interview notes.
- Employment details, such as your job title, position, hire dates, compensation, performance and disciplinary records, and vacation and sick leave records.
- Financial information, such as banking details, tax information, payroll information, and withholdings.
- Health and Safety information, such as health conditions (if relevant to your employment), job restrictions, workplace illness and injury information, and health insurance policy information.
- Information Systems (IS) information, such as your search history, browsing history, login information, and IP addresses on the company's information systems and networks.
- Biometric information, such as facial recognition and fingerprints.
- Geolocation data, such as time and physical location related to use of an internet website, application, device, or physical access to a company office location.
- Background check information, such as information necessary to complete background or other checks when permitted by law, and social media profiles.
- Inferences, such as profile or summary about preferences, characteristics, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Western Mutual Insurance Group collects Personal Information to use or disclose as appropriate to:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Recruit and evaluate job applicants and candidates for employment.
- Conduct background checks.
Manage your employment relationship with us, including for:
- onboarding processes and communicating with you;
- timekeeping, payroll, and expense report administration;
- employee benefits administration;
- employee training and development requirements;
- the creation, maintenance, and security of your online employee accounts;
- identity verification;
- reaching your emergency contacts when needed, such as when you are not reachable or are injured or ill;
- workers' compensation claims management;
- employee job performance, including goals and performance reviews, promotions, discipline, and termination;
- making travel arrangements; and
- other human resources purposes.
- Manage and monitor employee access to company facilities, equipment, and systems.
- Conduct internal audits and workplace investigations.
- Investigate and enforce compliance with and potential breaches of company policies and procedures.
- Detect and prevent fraud.
- Operate, manage, and maintain our business.
- Develop, improve, repair, and maintain our products and services.
- Engage in corporate transactions requiring review of employee records.
- Maintain insurance policies and coverages, including for workers' compensation and other liability insurance.
- Perform workforce analytics, data analytics, and benchmarking.
- Administer our operations, including for safety purposes.
- For marketing purposes.
- Maintain records.
- Exercise legal rights or defend legal claims.
If you have any questions about this Notice or need to access this Notice in an alternative format due to having a disability, please contact Carmen Estrada at [email protected] or 1-949-724-9402.